A Devotional Journey February 28
led by Dr. Gene Pearson Thru the Bible in a Year
Deuteronomy – Summary
1. Go through the notes and select the 5 most significant themes to you in this book.
2. Select the most significant statements in this book for you and write a one paragraph commentary on one of them.
3. If you had to pick one law or standard God gives in Deuteronomy that you fail to fulfill, what would it be? How could you improve? What are you willing to do today to make a start?
4. What kind of person do you see in Moses? List some strengths and weaknesses.
Which one of his strengths would you particularly like to have in your own life?
Which one of his weaknesses can you identify with?
5. What have you learned about rules by reading the first 5 books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy)? Do you see God’s rules as a way to please Him prove yourself or find life? If you said find life
you picked the best answer. Why do we resist rules, structure and outside direction of our lives (even when it comes from God Himself) so much?
6. What have you decided to do as a result of your study of Deuteronomy?
© A. Eugene Pearson 2011